Friday, July 25, 2014

Final Installment, Songs Inspired by True Events


#3 Why You Blue?
by Steve Marshall Cohen
Copyright 2014

(To a rock-a-billy beat)

Chorus:
Aint lost your job
Aint lost your girl
Aint lost your dog
So why you blue?

My paycheck’s pretty OK
Clears the bank - I get decent pay
And outside it’s a beautiful day
So why’m I so blue?

            Chorus

My girl is hot, I love how she sways
She got sexy eyes and legs for days
And she loves me true, so she says
So why’m I so blue?

Chorus

My dogs a drooler, his name is ol’ Rick
Wags his tongue - loves to slobber and lick
Chases rabbits and catches ‘em quick
So why’ I got the blues?

Chorus


Gonna tell you the sad news
‘Bout what’s got me down and blue
Some dumbass joker without a clue
Went and stepped on my blue suede shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment