Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Three Songs (over three days) Inspired by True Events


#1 Toss My Keys
By Steve Marshall Cohen
copyright 2014

Toss My Keys
(to a blues beat)


I saw you toss my keys, baby
Yeah, I saw you toss my keys
Leavin’ the bar, into the trees
I saw you toss my keys
background vocals: (So I know you won’t be comin’ home)

I saw you call your man, baby
Yeah, I saw you call your man
Near my car, where you threw the keys
I saw you call your man
(So I know you won’t be comin’ home)

I saw you drive away, baby
Yeah, I saw you peel away
Wasn’t my car, but you had the keys
I saw you speed away
(So I know you won’t be comin’ home)



You said that you love me, baby
You said it was just you and me
But now I know you're just a tease,

'cause I saw you toss my keys.
(So you aint welcome home)

No comments:

Post a Comment