Friday, June 10, 2011

I Know A Place

In the GNC, I know of a humble, dignified lake.  Slightly to the West of  it's sister lake, it sits serenely, just big enough to enjoy its stature among other local lakes, small enough to swim across and back without getting fatigued. When I was there today swimming in its sweet water, with fish brushing my legs, I was the only human there.  I was in awe of my good fortune, to be alone swimming in this lake, and the lake was aware too, that it had company for a while.

Later in the summer, this lake will have visitors of all shapes and sizes from morning til dusk, and solitude here will be harder to find - perhaps at dawn.  Today, though, I had all the clean air, clean water, sunshine and peace that anyone could ever need.

Damn mosquitoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment