Sunday, June 12, 2011

Shopping in the GNC...

...is such a pleasure. The stores are small and personal, eclectic and eccentric, reflecting much more the tastes and personalities of the proprietors than stores in a strip mall, mega mall, outlet mall, or mall.  I prefer the historic section of Kingston (you pull up, you park) to the busy section of Kingston, though I must stop at Petco twice a month.  I prefer the Main St of Catskill (you pull up, you park) to the Walmart side of Catskill, though I must stop at Lowe's twice a month.  I prefer to search for a book at the Catskill Mountain Foundation in Hunter, or on Main Street in Hudson (you pull up, you park), though I do find myself at Barnes & Noble about twice a month.  I haven't been to Albany area malls, Woodbury Common or the outlets along the Northway since I moved to the GNC.

Yesterday, I tried bringing that "Let's Explore" approach to Woodstock.  No parking!  As we used to say in NYC, fu-get-a-bout-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment