Thursday, June 2, 2011

Intro to Mountain Jam at Hunter Mountain

I think MJ@HM is better reported after the event.  Let's see how it goes -- I live a mile away and its already encroaching.  After 11pm, I hear guitar bass, percussion, increased traffic, police sirens and shouting pedestrians.

Earlier today, as I walked my dogs around Dolan's Lake, I caught a glimpse of some of the arriving music lovers, clearly surprised and unprepared for the low temperatures and high winds.   Three T-shirts stood out from the expected repertoire of Rock Stars, Peace Symbols and Tie Dyes:

"Don't Worry Gringo -- I'm Here Legally."

"Make Babies Not War." (A 21st century update of the enduring Woodstock-era  slogan)

And the best T-shirt, Bumper sticker and Refrigerator magnet ever made:

"Still Pissed At Yoko."

No comments:

Post a Comment